Next Move are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of UK data protection law, the data controller is Next Move. The general data we record and process is information about properties and homeowners. The main purpose of us processing the data is to complete the sale of the property. We identify the most appropriate lawful basis prior to processing the data, which usually comes under Consent, Legitimate Interests, Contractual Necessity or Legal Obligation. Consent is very important in order for us to be transparent with your data and how you want it to be handled and the importance is put upon ‘opting in’. Legitimate Interests can be relied on in situations where your data is used in ways you would reasonably expect - i.e. if you provide us with your contact information and ask us to contact you about future properties, this is what we will do, per your request. Contractual Necessity can be relied on in order for us to fulfil the contractual obligations in the business relationship we are involved in with our customers. Legal Obligation can be relied upon in a situation where data needs to be kept on file in order to comply with the law, for example, Money Laundering Regulations, as this legislation overrides the right to delete data for a minimum of five years. It is unlikely that Next Move would rely on Public Task or Vital Interest as lawful bases, as these are to do with being part of an official authority or saving someone’s life.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This information may include but is not limited to, your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, phone number (or other contact information), identification documents, property information, and records of any correspondence we have shared.
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and information about your visit.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We will use information we collect about you on this site:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
- we will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If you provide us with your opt-in consent and wish for us to share your details with an external company.
Where we store your personal data
You have the right to tell us to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing using the link in any of the emails we send you.
UK data protection law gives you the right to be informed by reading this Privacy Notice, while also giving you the right to access your personal information, to object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes, and the right to erase, restrict, rectify or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. This also includes automated decision making and profiling. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us.
If you wish to submit a data subject access request, we are required to supply you with this free of charge, within one month of receipt of the request. However, if the request is unfounded, excessive or repetitive in any way, we may be able to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ to cover the administrative costs, or outright refuse the request if supported by sufficient reasons.
If you would like to withdraw your consent, this request can be submitted verbally or in writing. After we have reviewed your request, if erasure has been granted, you will receive confirmation is provided within 30 days of data being removed. Please note that this right only applies in certain circumstances and is subject to any overriding legal requirements.
We will comply with the law in responding to your requests. That means that there may be some legal reasons why we cannot comply with all requests. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to data.
Anti Money Laundering
As with all Estate Agents, Next Move are subject to The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. We are registered with and supervised by HMRC for compliance, which includes seeing original or certified documents (photo identification and proof of address) for all customers (vendors and purchasers). We obtain a copy of these documents for our records, and this data is kept for at least five years from the end of our business relationship. These requirements come under part of our Anti-Money Laundering Policy and will be unable to begin a business relationship with any of our customers if we are unable to obtain the information needed. Subject to circumstances, we may also choose to obtain supporting documentation. We may also be required to carry out an electronic identity check, establishing any beneficial owners, obtaining proof of ownership of property and proof of funds.
Data breaches are widely recognised as a security incident which has affected the privacy and confidentiality of personal data. We are required to report data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority - Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) - within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach, as well as having a duty to notify individuals whose personal data we hold, that a breach has occurred, as this is likely to affect your rights and freedom. Records of any data breaches must be kept on file.
Links to other websites
This Privacy Notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.